Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 4 in DC - 2/19/12

With the conference behind me, it was all about exploring DC a little more!  Although my feet were still aching, I had a number of places I still wanted to cover.  Deanna was headed home, but my colleague/friend Jennifer still had some time to play.  After a quick breakfast, we were ready to hit the National Mall.

We started at the Smithsonian - Museum of American History.  Highlights included Abe Lincoln's hat, the red shoes from Wizard of Oz, money over the decades, and an entire house!  The National Archives was amazing.  I was in awe viewing the Declaration of Independence, the Bill of Rights, and the Constitution, but seeing the Magna Carta brought things to a whole other level.  The Air and Space Museum was just as fabulous as I remembered.  I can't wait to take the boys!  I ended on the Holocaust Museum, which I've been looking forward to.  As expected, it was incredibly moving.  I felt emotionally exhausted as I exited.




I somehow avoided any snow and enjoyed my last bit of walking.  I had a lovely dinner and drinks while I reflected on a very busy, information-filled few days.  There is a lot of preparation ahead, but this is a life-changing journey that will be well worth the work!

No comments:

Post a Comment