Sunday, February 12, 2012

Up and running!

I'm only a few days away until I leave for the pre-symposium in DC.  I'm very excited!  I have lots of packing to do as I'm staying a few extra days.  I was able to arrange for a White House tour and a Capitol Building tour the day we arrive.  Is it sad that I fantasize that President Obama is going to come down and invite me up for lunch and ask me questions about the state of education?!  Just in case, I am prepared.

I am anxious to meet my colleagues from all over the nation and find out more about what our summer experience will entail.  I'm thrilled that my assistant pincipal is accompanying me, especially after reviewing our symposium agenda.  I hope she finds this as valuable as I do.

I hope to utilize this blog as much as possible throughout my experience in preparing for the journey, while in Indonesia, and once I return and reflect.  I know this is an opportunity of a lifetime and can't wait to see how this changes me as an educator and person.

No comments:

Post a Comment